It is a summary cucumber agua fresca, and it’s the sole summertime drink I ever wish to drink in the summertime from now till… the top of summertime.
(Lengthy reside summertime.)
I not too long ago discovered about agua fresca and I received ever be the identical.
Some issues I discovered:
- An agua fresca is a lightweight, non-alcoholic drink.
- The interpretation actually means “recent water” or “cool water.”
- It’s well-liked in Mexico, Central America, and the US.
- It’s often made with fruits, flowers, seeds, and many others. which might be blended with sugar and water.
- IT’S REALLY MY FAVORITE THING EVER RIGHT NOW.
Right here’s my present favorite model: cucumber, lime, mint, lemongrass (had some leftover from this salad, keep in mind?), sugar, and honey.
What occurs now could be you mix it.
And it’s going to get a bit chunky – no worries. You’re simply going to pour it by a strainer to take away your pulp, so all you’re left with is the extraordinarily potent, evenly candy, completely refreshing good things.
Which is able to then be watered down additional (to your liking!) and poured over ice to make one of the best factors you’ve sipped on all summertime.
The color is attractive and the flavor is sort of candy and cooling waterfall on your mouth with only a slight chunk from the lime as a result of, sure, we put the entire lime in there.
I might really drink a full pitcher of these things.
This specific model of agua fresca was impressed by A Spicy Perspective’s cucumber ginger mint agua fresca! Here’s a post with Four methods to do cucumber agua frescas from Muy Delish. You’ll be able to be taught extra about agua fresca here.
Cucumber Agua Fresca
5 from 1 evaluation
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 1x
Cucumber Agua Fresca! Cucumber, lime, mint, lemongrass, sugar, and honey. The proper tart + recent summery drink!
- 3 small cucumbers, reduce into chunks
- 10 recent basil leaves (or mint!)
- 2 limes, reduce into quarters
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste or recent lemongrass (also can use ginger)
- half cup sugar
- 1/Four cup honey
- 2 cups water + a further 2 cups water later
- ice for serving
- Mix the cucumbers, basil, limes, lemongrass, sugar, honey, and a pair of cups water collectively till smooth-ish.
- Utilizing a wonderful mesh strainer to catch all of the pulp, pour the agua fresca right into a pitcher. Discard pulp.
- Combine a further 2 cups water into the pitcher. Retailer within the fridge and serve over ice! SO GOOD.